It is up to the sysadmin to configure the network interfaces, firewall services, proxies and other routing mechanisms to allow proper communications.
In order to improve site content indexing by web robots and search engines, you can crontab the generation of the Browse module sitemap with the following command.
iochembd$ crontab -e #Append the following line being *BASEPATH* the platform installation folder 00 00 * * * BASEPATH/browse/bin/dspace generate-sitemaps
This last step conclude the ioChem-BD system installation and configuration.
Let us recap all steps taken to arrive to this point:
- Gather important system configuration parameters.
- Create database and start software installation.
- Start webserver and login as administrator.
- Generate users and groups from Browse module.
- Create communities and subcommunities where users will be able to publish their digital assets.
- Setup backup script and test platform network connectivity.